Thursday 1 July 2010

HEROIC FANTASY QUARTERLY: UPDATE

Issue 5


ANCIENT SHADES
by James Lecky
Although the admission pains me, I must confess that, under certain circumstances, I am a man for whom the goods of others become a temptation. Had I given myself more time...

ALDROM
by Matthew Wuertz
The sun pulled away from me like a warm blanket as men led me up the wide steps. Someone’s cough echoed in the vast interior of wherever we were, and though curious, I left...

NO TWO STONES
by Christopher Wood
1. Now. Still I am the strongest! I am atop this hill on the Third Moon. Behind me, my soldiers struggle up the slope. I raise my iron sword over my head; it shines...

BEFORE THE BATTLE
by Vonnie Winslow Crist
On this witch-kissed morning, as I trudge northward, dampness frizzes my hair, worms its way into my joints. Beneath winter clouds draped like dark cloth above...

WHAT SIEGLINDE SERPENTSLAYER SAID TO...
by Megan Arkenberg
The truth, my lord, is that I am sick of monsters. I am sick of the smell of mountain aeries and brood caves, cool and salty-wet. I am...

http://www.heroicfantasyquarterly.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment