Thursday 3 June 2010

BENEATH CEASELESS SKIES: UPDATE


Issue 44
"Remembering Light,"
by Marie Brennan
“You remember. You can tell me how Surnyao was. And then I can go home, and tell my people, and we will take that light with us into the darkness.” It would come regardless. The last suns would burn out, and Surnyao would go into the Crush, as countless worlds had gone before them. But they could go as Asurnya, with the strength of all they had forgotten. They could make their own light.

"The Jewels of Montforte, Pt. I,"
by Adam Corbin Fusco
“Um,” Absinthe said. The perfect opportunity had sailed athwart his bows. All he had to say was “What a beautiful dress you are wearing, my lady,” and the room would burst with his men attacking, overcoming the crowd, and the jewels would be his. Something was holding back the words. She was so beautiful....

Audio Fiction Podcast 039
"Mister Hadj’s Sunset Ride," by Saladin Ahmed, from
BCS #43
But when Mister Hadj started in on them cowboy songs--well, as sure as I’m standing here, when that man got to crooning a tune he made the earth itself cry. This ain’t just me tale-telling, you hear? I seen tears fall from big red rocks when the old man hummed. Heard stones weep as they parted before him. So when Mister Hadj said that a stone in the road told him where to find Parson Lucifer, I didn’t doubt it.

From the Archives:
"The Crystal Stair, Pt. I," by Charles Coleman Finlay & Rae Carson Finlay, from BCS #3
Khatire couldn’t seem to catch her breath, afraid to swallow the fouled air. The cut in her palm throbbed like heartache. She had just killed one of the precious vaimen. In the eyes of the emperor, her life was forfeit.

No comments:

Post a Comment